[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]A Rhytidectomy, also known as a face lift is one of the top ten plastic surgery procedures performed in the United States. Both men and women seek this procedure to rejuvenate their facial appearance for a boost in self-confidence.
Eating healthy or exercise is not enough to stop the hands of time, which is why most people undergoing rhytidectomy are between 40 and 70 years of age, though the procedure can also be performed on younger individuals and people above age 70.
While a face lift is often summarized as “eliminating the signs of aging”, below are the top 5 reasons my patients choose to undergo this procedure:
1. Eliminate Droopy Skin and Jowls. Rhytidectomy is ideal for someone wanting to look younger. This procedure can tighten the facial muscles to create a refreshed, more youthful look. A Face lift can also enhance the look of jowls – one of the more prominent signs of facial aging.
2. Reduce Saggy Second Chin. As you get older, one of the more noticeable indicators of your age is the excess skin that creates the look of a saggy second chin. Regardless of age or size, even slender women and men can experience this problem due to loss of skin elasticity. A Face lift can remove the excess skin along the jaw line and gently lift and pull the remaining tissues to create a beautiful neck line. Some patients with prominent signs of neck aging also request a neck lift or facial lasers to achieve the best possible results.
3. Lessen Deep Creases Below the Eyelids and Along the Nose. Generally, a rhytidectomy helps reduce visibility of deep creases and prominent lines in the lower and mid face, including the deep creases that run from the nose to the mouth. Furthermore, it can lessen the appearance of deep lines below the eyelids and across the cheeks. Some patients request injectables such a Botox or Restylane can be used to further reduce the appearance of wrinkles and creases.
4. Brighten A Perpetually Tired Appearance. Due to the harmful effects of prolonged sun exposure, pollutants, and chemicals found in most foods, the skin is constantly exposed to environmental stress. Over time, this stress takes its toll, causing the skin to look dull. People might say you look tired, even though you just got up and feel full of energy. Rhytidectomy can help restore a more energetic appearance by improving the definition of the lower and mid face. To achieve optimum results, many patients combine the procedure with eyelid surgery to create a more alert look, as well as laser skin resurfacing to remove fine lines, giving the skin a healthy glow.
5. Look as Young as You Feel. If you feel young and full of energy on the inside, but look years older on the outside, a face lift might be the right procedure for you. By gently lifting the facial tissues, rhytidectomy can help improve the harmony between your inner and outer selves. In essence, a face lift can help you look as young as you feel. Beyond that, the procedure can give you a self-confidence boost that might help improve your professional, social, and personal relationships.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][ult_content_box bg_color=”#2980b9″ box_shadow=”horizontal:px|vertical:px|blur:px|spread:px|color:rgb(247, 247, 247)|style:none|” hover_bg_color=”#b03f73″ hover_box_shadow=”horizontal:px|vertical:px|blur:px|spread:px|color:rgb(247, 247, 247)|style:none|”][vc_column_text]
Eliminate Signs of Aging With A Face Lift!
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Eric Weiss – Email or Call (904) 204-2424 today.